Sunday, May 4, 2008

AEI

So yesterday I got an award. Usually, when people recive awards, your excited, and jazzed to get the chance to be reconized for your talents- and it's not that I'm not happy, or grateful- it's the fact that the award ceremony was so painful.

Let me begin and say that the award I got (Being reconized as an All State Artist) was a feat in and of itself. I through the cd together at the last moment, wrote my pieace in a few miniutes... basically, it was put together hasitly, and I worried what might be thought of it. But I did win, and so I was asked to come to the ceremony on Saturday May 3rd.

In des moines.

It was, probably, about 45 miniutes of speaking/award giving for tweleve people. Forty five miniutes. For a four hour drive there/and back. Most of the kids there came from either Ames or DOwling cathoic school- both in or close to Des Monies- but my CR isn't close; it's two hours away.

Not only that but the introducers of the students took -forver- to get to their point. It's an introduction, not a monlogue. Then, I had an interview. -an interview!- No one told me this! On the way there we had stopped at a rest stop, and I had played on the playground, so my hair was far from nice, and my shoes were a bit dirty... and yet I have to give a filmed interview. At which they asked me stupid questions like "How will you use your art to bring light to the world's problems" I really just wanted to shout "I'm 17! I don't care!"

:(

The only good thing is that they had cookies. I do like cookies.

No comments: