Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Marie Walsh Sharpe Summer Inisitiute

SO I have been accepted into the Marie Walsh Sharpe SUmmer Art Inisiute in COlorado Springs this summer. It is, essentially a 2 week program, where you stay in dorms at the Colorado College of liberal arts, and do art classes taught by local grad students and special artists they have for each session.

Whats amazing is that this is -free- save for airfare, even supplies are free- and they choose 60 people- 20 for each session- out of hundreds of applicants they recivied. :D I'm excited. A few years ago I did a similar thing at The U of I with the Blank SUmmer Insitiute- BSI- only then there were about 100 kids there for varying categories, but I suspect it will be somewhat the same.

Only now I'm 17, not 14, so it might be different with higher charged testosterone and what not. Who knows!

I'm excited though, and thrilled I got in- I really never expected to. Whats terrifying is, though, that I get to take a plane by myself to Colorado Springs. Since we'll be in illinois that weekend, I'm flying out of Chicago O'Hare- luckily it's a direct flight. Considering I still get lost at Kennedy, I'm not sure how I'd do with a layover- But it's by myself. Scary!

I leave June 8th too- less than a month! Ekk! But it will be fun :D Even if the people suck, I'll still have lots of art to do, which is nearly never boring.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Havefun, takelotsofpictures and tellusallaboutit.

:D

Unknown said...

jimmy gradshow<3 its been years, but that was a highlight. hope ya built something great.