Saturday, May 24, 2008

Thrifting

One thing I love to do is browse thrift shops. Even second hand shops like Goodwill can be fun.

The other weekend, I went to "Houby" days in downtown check village. There they had a ton of different stalls- mostly food, but also a lot of antique/thrift stores that had put their wares out on the tables.

The first one we came across held old necklaces and jewelry- and one necklace I really liked. It was a big silver heart, and while it looked similar to another necklace I own, at the price tag of 50 cents, it was hard to resist buying. My mom also got cute earrings that are little thermometers.

I also love to goto different thrift stores, such as Goodwill. Now and then, amid racks of second-hand underwear, find that occasional dress, or skirt, or shirt that is accutally beautiful. It's rare yes, but I think sometimes the hunt is accutally more fun then the end resort at times :)

No comments: