Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Dog

At the dog park yesterday, where we take my tiny, white, 15 pound Bichon Frise mix, I swear to god we encountered a bear.

Well, nearly.

It was late in the afternoon when we got there- the first time we'd been since they closed, due to flooding, weeks earlier- and there were a good number of cars parked in the lot around us. As we entered, the majority of the dogs were at the far end of the park, so we took the short loop around the trail, when we saw it.

An Irish Wolfhound.

It's huge! The woman said it weighed somewhere around 170 pounds- nearly twice my weight! It's a tad bit discomforting to be around dogs that weight more than you. I couldn't image how cricket felt. This dog, too, seemed to be acting like a puppy- prancing, dancing, wanting to play with my tiny bite-sized puppy. Whats amusing is that when he chased cricket, she was -terrified- yet when it's back was to her, she'd be brave enough to go up to it; as long as it didn't turn around.

It was quite amusing though, to watch my initsy-bitsy dog and this bear-sized dog play :D

No comments: